Friday, September 28, 2007

how do i do it


i go to the video store tonight to rent a movie. since it's a new release, the shelf where they should be is empty. drat. i go to the front to see if it's available. after looking in the 'to be restocked queue' i walk up to a clerk and oh so casually and completely innocently ask "what are the chances of me getting knocked up tonight?" as soon as it comes out of my mouth i was horrified. not skipping a beat, the cute video guys says 'well, my shift ends at 10:00.' i turn beat red and make a hasty exit.

in other news, my dad is in washington state visiting his relatives. he came across some cool old family photos at his cousin's house and scanned a few. the man in the middle is my great grandfather's father. he fought in the civil war. why do they always look so freakin' sad and depressed? is it the clothes perhaps? i'm so glad someone invented the word 'cheese' so that folks would smile in pictures.

5 comments:

Weezy said...

omg! i just about passed out i was laughing so hard! had to share with d and he loved it too! hope you at least got the movie after that....or even better, the cute video guy!

Suzie said...

Wow! You need to start frequenting that video store on a regular basis. Sounds like the cute video guy would like it.
About the picture, it's true they always look pissed off or depressed -- not unlike your blog photo!

buffy said...

haaa... i forgot my photo too!! Think i'll go rent a movie tonight too- maybe it'll be the season one set of 'Sex in the City'...

Weezy said...

ha ha - are you gonna ask the guy where you can get some sex in the city??? i dare you!

http://unseen-child.blogspot.com/ said...

hahahahaha omg!!!
I love it!
I would just die laughing if it happen to me!!!
Diana Joy
BTW
my blogger is acting up? so ignore the title of my post :p
and WHY DIDN'T THEY SMILE BACK THEN??? GOOD QUESTION!